Float Holidays for Legacy UMDNJ Staff Positions
- On January 1st of each year, six (6) float holidays are granted to staff members on active payroll status as of that date. Float holidays may be used at any time during the calendar year. Float holidays must be used by December 31st or they are automatically forfeited.
- In July of each year, three (3) float holidays will be credited to all individuals hired after January 1, but on or before July 1. Float holidays must be used by December 31st or they are automatically forfeited.
- Unused float holidays are not paid out upon separation from the University.
- Must be approved and scheduled in advance
- Prioritization for use based on emergencies, religious observances, and personal business
For additional information, please refer to the Holiday Policy.
Float Holidays for Faculty –Legacy UMDNJ Positions
- AAUP members receive three (3) float holidays per calendar year
- NJEA members receive three (3) float holidays per calendar year
- Less than half-time and other non-union faculty and Faculty Administrators receive no float holidays
The regular staff university holidays are:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Note: When a holiday falls on Saturday it is usually observed the Friday before; when a holiday falls on a Sunday, it is usually observed the following Monday.
For additional information, please refer to the Holiday policy.
For the 2014 University Holiday Schedule, click here.
For the 2015 University Holiday Schedule, click here.