Police and Fireman's Retirement System (PFRS)
The Police and Fireman's Retirement System is a defined benefit plan where retirement benefit is based on a formula.
- Permanent, full-time law enforcement officers in an eligible PFRS job title who meet the age and medical criteria for membership
- Employees holding "F" or "J" visas are not eligible to enroll.
10% of base salary made on a pretax basis
Determined annually by the state
How to Enroll
- Complete a PFRS Enrollment Application, Report of Examining Physician, and Proof of Age Documentation
- Please return the completed forms to your Human Resources department
Voluntary Tax Deferred Savings Plans
You may supplement your retirement savings by participating in:
Types of Retirement
- Ordinary Disability
- Special Disability
- Involuntary Ordinary Disability
- Accidental Disability
Please refer to the PFRS Membership Tier Chart for eligibility criteria.
Ordinary Disability Retirement
- Eligibility Requirement
Four or more years of pension-credited service. You must also be a member in service at the time application is filed and be permanently incapacitated from further employment in your job title
- Benefit Calculation
40% of Final Compensation or 1.5% of the Final Average Salary for each year of service, whichever is higher
Request a Retirement Estimate
How to Apply for Retirement