Office of Labor Relations
The Office of Labor Relations (OLR) supports the University community by advancing collegial relations between Staff and Management. To this end, the Office of Labor Relations employs a focused, dedicated professional staff with responsibility for:
- Negotiating, administering and interpreting the collectively negotiated agreements with all staff labor unions;
- Providing sound advice with respect to interpretation and application of certain University policies;
- Providing support and training to supervisors with respect to discipline;
- Administering the grievance process. OLR manages the scheduling of grievance hearings. OLR also provides guidance to supervisors on how to present information and preside over hearings during the grievance process;
- Serving as hearing officers in grievances;
- Facilitating Labor/Management meetings between departments and staff unions;
- Facilitating compliance with certain Federal and State laws related to employment.
- Administering the University Policy Prohibiting Workplace Violence (60.1.13).