Pursuant to the New Jersey Medical and Health Sciences Restructuring Act, on July 1, 2013, the schools, departments and units which composed the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) have been transferred to either Rutgers University, University Hospital, or Rowan University. As such, you have been directed to this landing page in order to assist you in connecting with the appropriate Human Resources organization following the integration of UMDNJ schools, departments and units into one of the three institutions listed above. You can link directly to the appropriate Human Resources organization by clicking on the links below:
For more information about the disposition of schools, departments or units, please choose from one of the options below:
Under the legislation, the following schools have been integrated into Rutgers University:
- UMDNJ Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) -- Newark and Piscataway divisions
- UMDNJ - New Jersey Dental School (NJDS)
- UMDNJ - New Jersey Medical School (NJMS)
- UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (RWJMS)
- UMDNJ - School of Health Related Professions (SHRP)
- UMDNJ School of Nursing
- UMDNJ - School of Public Health
If you are looking for Human Resources information related to one of these seven schools, please visit http://uhr.rutgers.edu.
The NJ Medical and Health Sciences Restructuring Act established University Hospital in Newark as an independent public healthcare institution, serving as a statewide healthcare asset and home to Northern New Jersey's Level I Trauma Center and to specialty programs such as the Center for Liver Diseases, which attracts patients from accross the state. University Hospital maintains a working relationship with Rutgers University as the primary teaching hospital for many of the schools being transferred to Rutgers as a result of the legislation, but has an independent reporting structure and is served by University Hospital Human Resources. If you are looking for Human Resources information related to University Hospital, please visit http://www.theuniversityhospital.com/hrweb/.
As a result of the legislation, the Stratford Division of the UMDNJ - Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) and the UMDNJ - School of Osteopathic Medicine (SOM) have been integrated with Rowan University. If you are looking for Human Resources information related to one of these two schools, please visit http://www.rowan.edu/hr/.
In order to access job postings for legacy UMDNJ * positions, please click on the links below:
If you had previously created a user profile to search and apply for positions at UMDNJ, your profile login and contact information for Rutgers and for University Hospital will remain the same. You will need to login to update your "job agents" -- the contact preferences you set in your profile to have the system automatically email you when a preferred job is posted to the system. However, to apply for a position, you will log in with your previous username and password.
Positions within the School of Osteopathic Medicine (SOM) and the Stratford division of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) will be posted within the Rowan University job postings board.
In order to access ALL job postings at Rutgers University (Rutgers positions and legacy UMDNJ positions), please visit: http://recruitment.rutgers.edu.
* - In some cases, your institution may distinguish positions which had, historically, been associated with the former University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) as legacy UMDNJ postions for the purposes of payroll and benefits administration. These positions may be ones that had been transferred as a result of the higher education restructuring legislation, or they may be new positions created in schools, departments or units which had, historically, been associated with UMDNJ. Legacy UMDNJ positions may be governed by the negotiated agreements and/or policies which had been in place at UMDNJ prior to July 1, 2013. For specific information related to the negotiated agreements and policies which may be applicable to legacy UMDNJ positions at your institituion, please contact the appropriate human resources office.