Certain benefits may be affected by the death of a spouse/same-sex domestic or civil union partner, or child.  Please take a moment to review the information below to determine if you need to take appropriate action.

  • Update contact information
  • Change your federal withholding allowance
  • Enroll in or change health insurance coverage
  • Update beneficiaries for life insurance and investment accounts. Complete the appropriate Designation of Beneficiary form.
  • Change flexible spending account contributions


Update Contact Information

  • Change your emergency contact information online.

Federal Withholding Allowance

  • Make changes to your W4 form and submit it to the individual in your office responsible for processing payroll forms.  You may also make changes to your W4 via Self-Service.

Health Insurance Coverage

To enroll in medical insurance or reduce your coverage, complete the 

Update Beneficiary

All Pension Plan Participants

Update life insurance beneficiary information by completing the appropriate Designation of Beneficiary form and return to: Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.

ABP Retirement Accounts

Update beneficiary information for investments accounts. Contact the appropriate investment carrier for their Designation of Beneficiary form:

AIG 1-800-448-2542
AXA Equitable 1-866-752-0072
MassMutual 1-848-248-4875
VOYA Financial 1-877-873-0321
MetLife 1-732-623-5700
TIAA 1-800-842-8412
Prudential 1-855-652-2711

Flexible Spending Accounts

You may elect to:

  • Enroll in the Unreimbursed Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
  • Increase or decrease your annual salary deduction amount
  • Cancel coverage
  • Make no changes (no action necessary)

To enroll, or change your Annual Salary Deduction amount within 60 days of the death of your spouse/same-sex domestic or civil union partner, or child: