Employment Services is available to assist Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) leadership and Operating Units with a wide variety of human resource issues. Each RBHS school or unit has an assigned HR Generalist who understands their unique business needs, goals, and objectives. This integrated working relationship allows Employment Services to develop, foster and maintain strong working partnerships and collaborations with RBHS client groups.
HR Generalists assist RBHS in the following ways:
- Provide effective HR advisory services to staff and faculty employees on a wide variety of complex and sensitive matters.
- Advise leadership on university policies, procedures and State and Federal regulations.
- Provide solutions to work climate issues.
- Assist hiring managers with position requests and manage staff postings.
- Partner with hiring managers on recruitment and advertising of staff positions.
- Assist with temporary staffing searches.
- Extend offers to final candidates and manage on-boarding of new hires.
- Provide audit preparation services to units requiring Department of Health and Joint Commission compliance.
- Assist departments with employee terminations and layoffs.
- Serve as a referral bridge to other University Human Resources departments and units.