Compensation is a key element in attracting, recruiting, retaining and compensating the type and caliber of employees needed to fulfill the University’s vision, mission and values. The Compensation, Classification and Consultant functions work collaboratively with all university departments on the creation, evaluation and classification of all non-faculty staff positions in accordance with the existing compensation systems to:
- ensure that jobs and salaries within the organization have equitable relationships to one another based on comparability of duties, complexity and scope of responsibilities, and that they are classified to appropriately reflect those relationships
- ensure employee compensation shall be externally competitive with comparable peer higher education, research and health care institutions, and relevant recruiting markets, while considering the impact of internal equity, within the boundaries of financial feasibility
- provide compensation that is fair and non-discriminatory, and
- ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, and university policies and procedures
The existing compensation and classification programs and processes will continue to be followed for Rutgers staff positions and for Legacy UMDNJ staff positions. The information below will guide you through the respective processes.
Legacy UMDNJ positions
- Resources and Templates for Classification of Legacy UMDNJ positions
- Legacy UMDNJ Job Description Library
- Earnings Code Training for Legacy UMDNJ Positions
This page contains the salary structures and pay scales for Rutgers and Legacy UMDNJ positions.