Change Name or Address Information
Changes to records may be necessary as a result of your name and/or address change. There may be different requirements to update your records with the university and the different vendors that administer services to Rutgers employees. Please be sure to update your information accordingly to ensure your records are up to date and accurate.
Update Name Change and/or Address Information with Rutgers University
- Change your home address, phone number, and emergency contact information online in the Address Directory Record (ADR)
- Update your ADR immediately as this information is used for the W-2 mailing
- To record your name change, your department must process the appropriate transaction in the HCM Payroll System (RIAS Phase III).
- A name change also requires that you complete a new W-4 form.
- You may also want to change your name through the Social Security Administration
Name Change and/or Address Change for Health Benefits (Medical, Prescription, and Dental)
You must also update your name and/or address change with the State Health Benefits Program by completing new benefits applications with your updated information. Please complete the appropriate forms and return them to your Human Resources department.
Name Change and/or Address Change for All Pension Plan Participants:
- To update your address and/or name change complete the appropriate Designation of Beneficiary form. Return directly to the Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.
- To update life insurance beneficiary information, please complete the appropriate Designation of Beneficiary form. Return directly to the Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.
Designation of Beneficiary Forms:
Alternate Benefit Program (ABP) members must complete the Designation of Beneficiary form and return it to: Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Police and Firemen's Retirement System (PFRS) members who wish to verify, update, or change their beneficiary information must use the online Designation of Beneficiary Application available through a the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS).
Name Change and/or Address Change for ABP Retirement Accounts:
- Update name and/or address change information for investment accounts. Contact the appropriate investment carrier for Designation of Beneficiary form:
Name Change and/or Address Change for Other Programs (If Applicable)
- Notify the Rutgers Federal Credit Union of change of name - Provide a copy of a document (e.g., social security card, driver’s license) showing name change.
- Notify the Rutgers Federal Credit Union of change of address change - Provide a letter in writing stating the old and new address.
- Visit the Rutgers Federal Credit Union for additional information or to enroll family members.
- Log on to the WageWorks website to update your contact information, if enrolled in the Unreimbursed Medical Spending Account or the Dependent Care Spending Account