The Office of Labor Relations (OLR) supports the university community by advancing collegial relations between staff and management. To this end, OLR employs a focused, dedicated professional staff with the following responsibilities:
- Negotiating, administering and interpreting the collectively negotiated agreements with all staff labor unions;
- Providing sound advice with respect to interpretation and application of certain university policies;
- Providing support and training to supervisors with respect to discipline;
- Administering the grievance process. OLR manages the scheduling of grievance hearings. OLR also provides guidance to supervisors on how to present information and preside over hearings during the grievance process;
- Serving as hearing officers in grievances;
- Facilitating Labor/Management meetings between departments and staff unions;
- Facilitating compliance with certain Federal and State laws related to employment.
- Administering the University Policy Prohibiting Workplace Violence (60.1.13).