As we reflect upon the challenges of the past few months and the impact of the events unfolding around us, it is important for all of us to take the time to engage in activities and practices to take care of ourselves. To this end, we are pleased to announce the Rutgers Employees First initiative. This initiative is intended to provide you with tools and resources to support and promote employee wellness and build communities of interest around topics relevant to your needs and interests.
Explore the new Rutgers Employees First tab to find:
- Wellness Webinar Series: Rutgers is fortunate to have world-renowned expertise in just about any field imaginable, experts committed to excellence and service, and who have graciously volunteered their time to support our university community by hosting our first series of webinars.
- Leader Resources: A collection of courses, videos, and articles curated with the purpose of strengthening leadership skills, giving confidence in managing remote teams, and effectively managing stress in uncertain times.
- Employee Resources: Discover how to be productive and stay connected when working from home or other remote environments.
Telecommuting During COVID-19
Telecommuting is a work arrangement in which some or all work is performed from home or other off-site location. As part of our continued efforts to advance measures to support the health and well-being of our community during this evolving COVID-19 response, this site provides key guidelines and resources to help employees effectively make the shift to working remotely.
Working remotely can have key benefits:
- Increased productivity and performance
- Improved work / life balance
- Improve employee health and wellness
- Increased employee engagement and retention
- Reduced environmental impact such as fuel usage and greenhouse gases
UHR encourages flexibility and support of one another during this time as we continue the operations of the university.