Changes to records may be necessary as a result of your address change. There may be different requirements to update your records with the university and the different vendors that administer services to Rutgers employees. Please be sure to update your information accordingly to ensure your records are up to date and accurate.
Update Address Information with Rutgers University
- Change your home address, phone number, and emergency contact information online in the Address Directory Record (ADR)
- Update your ADR immediately as this information is used for the W-2 mailing
- For guidance on changing your Legal Name, please see here.
- For guidance on submitting a Chosen Name, please see here.
Address Change for Health Benefits (Medical, Prescription, and Dental)
You must also update your address with the State Health Benefits Program by completing new benefits applications with your updated information. Please complete the appropriate forms and return them to your Human Resources department.
Address Change for All Pension Plan Participants:
- To update your address, complete the appropriate Designation of Beneficiary form. Return directly to the Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.
- To update life insurance beneficiary information, please complete the appropriate Designation of Beneficiary form. Return directly to the Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.
Designation of Beneficiary Forms:
Alternate Benefit Program (ABP) members must complete the Designation of Beneficiary form and return it to: Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Police and Firemen's Retirement System (PFRS) members who wish to verify, update, or change their beneficiary information must use the online Designation of Beneficiary Application available through a the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS).
Address Change for ABP Retirement Accounts:
- Update address information for investment accounts. Contact the appropriate investment carrier for Designation of Beneficiary form:
|Empower (formerly MassMutual)||1-848-248-4875|
|Empower (formerly Prudential)||1-855-652-2711|
Address Change for Other Programs (If Applicable)
- Notify the Rutgers Federal Credit Union of change of address change - Provide a letter in writing stating the old and new address.
- Visit the Rutgers Federal Credit Union for additional information or to enroll family members.
- Log on to the Further website to update your contact information, if enrolled in the Unreimbursed Medical Spending Account or the Dependent Care Spending Account