Certain benefits may be affected by the death of a spouse/same-sex domestic or civil union partner, or child. Please take a moment to review the information below to determine if you need to take appropriate action.
Update Contact Information
- Change your emergency contact information online.
Federal Withholding Allowance
- Make changes to your W4 form and submit it to the individual in your office responsible for processing payroll forms. You may also make changes to your W4 via Self-Service.
Health Insurance Coverage
Employees must to log into Benefitsolver by accessing a link on the MyNewJersey portal to make changes to medical, prescription, and dental plans.
Employees can directly access the BenefitSolver site by going to: http://mynjbenefitshub.nj.gov
First time users must register by the following these instructions:
- Click Register
- Enter SSN and Date of Birth
- Enter Company Key: SHBP/SEHBP
- Click Continue
Please see below for additional information and support:
- In order to access the system, you will need to create a MyNewJersey portal account
- If you have trouble creating an account and/or accessing the MyNewJersey portal, contact New Jersey OIT support at https://www.nj.gov/mynj/myNJRestrHelp.html
- If you have problems with Benefitsolver, please utilize the support service within the application
- For more information on Benefitsolver, please visit UHR’s Benefits Open Enrollment Virtual Fair
- If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact OneSource Rutgers Faculty and Staff Service Center at 732-745-SERV (7378) or OneSource@rutgers.edu
All Pension Plan Participants
Update life insurance beneficiary information by completing the appropriate Designation of Beneficiary form and return to: Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.
- Alternate Benefit Program (ABP)
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Police and Firemen's Retirement System (PFRS)
ABP Retirement Accounts
Update beneficiary information for investments accounts. Contact the appropriate investment carrier for their Designation of Beneficiary form:
Flexible Spending Accounts
You may elect to:
- Enroll in the Unreimbursed Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Increase or decrease your annual salary deduction amount
- Cancel coverage
- Make no changes (no action necessary)
To enroll, or change your Annual Salary Deduction amount within 60 days of the death of your spouse/same-sex domestic or civil union partner, or child: