Description: Responds positively to change, adopts new practices and approaches to accomplish goals, and create solutions. Manages change without compromising long-term goals. Constructs an environment that facilitates the evolution of thought, practice, and performance and drives positive transformation of the university.
- Critical thinking
- External Awareness
- Critical Thinking: Helps to shape the vision of the university through the analysis of current industry trends. Effectively assesses the level of individual and institutional risk associated with current and proposed strategies.
- External Awareness: Leverages industry best practices when developing programs, processes, and procedures. Understands the impact of internal decisions on the external environment and public perception. Is a thought leader in their chosen field and is actively sought by others for knowledge and expertise when addressing external issues.
- Flexibility: Anticipates the need for change while considering the university’s strategy and culture. Promotes and fosters the acceptance of change and effectively communicates the value proposition for improvement.
- Innovation: Builds an environment where creative ideas and solutions are readily welcomed and encouraged. Uses breakthrough thinking to generate insights, alternatives, and opportunities for overall university success.
- Critical Thinking: Drives improvements, ranging from incremental enhancements to major shifts in direction. Anticipates change and makes the necessary adjustments to drive lasting improvements and long-term results.
- External Awareness: Considers multiple, diverse views to identify the needs of the university. Maintains current knowledge of key legislation, regulations, policies, and political trends that directly impact the university and its associations.
- Flexibility: Demonstrates an openness to new situations, adapts to changing circumstances and adjusts approaches and responses to address change related challenges. Readily accepts conditions of ambiguity while remaining productive and engaged.
- Innovation: Develops new insights into situations, questions conventional approaches and implements unique processes. Encourages and promotes the exploration of new ideas and creative thinking amongst colleagues.
- Critical Thinking: Seeks information and develops broad organizational knowledge to integrate goals in alignment with departmental and university priorities.
- External Awareness: Understands internal and external policies and their impacts on the organization. Keeps current with industry trends that impact university objectives.
- Flexibility: Adjusts to changing situations, maintains focus and professional demeanor when faced with adversity. Contributes ideas to enhance work processes and procedures.
- Innovation: Seeks opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice.