Description: Ensures performance aligns with the goals and objectives of the department and broader university. Focuses on results and goal achievement and generating solutions to challenges that may impede performance.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Personal Excellence
- Planning and Organizing
- Accountability: Creates a culture of ownership and an ethical environment that positively influences integrity and responsibility. Sets the standard for ethical behavior by consistently conforming to the highest professional standards and practices.
- Emotional Intelligence: Guides others through challenging situations and brings disagreements into the open and finds solutions all can endorse. Creates an environment of understanding and awareness.
- Personal Excellence: Creates a team environment that fosters employee engagement and motivates team members to achieve their goals.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes key strategic relationships, inside and outside the university, enabling mutually beneficial outcomes. Develops strategies and action plans that are aligned with the strengths of the university.
- Accountability: Takes both personal and professional responsibility for performing quality work and transforming efforts into results. Recognizes the impact of one’s behavior on the broader team, department, and university.
- Emotional Intelligence: Takes an active interest in colleague concerns, picking up on cues that inform how others feel and think. Recognizes and acknowledges others’ feelings, perspectives and drivers.
- Personal Excellence: Demonstrates personal determination and resilience when faced with changing circumstances. Understands the impact of own behavior and performance on the outcomes of others.
- Planning and Organizing: Focuses on measurable outcomes and the evaluation of proposed actions against team objectives. Prepares strategies that manage risk and proactively seeks opportunities to identify and introduce efficiencies.
- Accountability: Acts with personal, professional, and behavioral integrity. Delivers on commitments and exhibits behavior that is consistent and reliable.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrates awareness, assessment and control of one’s own emotional state, attitudes, and strengths. Maintains personal momentum and professional effectiveness in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Personal Excellence: Understands own strengths and limitations and is focused on self-development. Remains positive in the face of setbacks and obstacles.
- Planning and Organizing: Identifies the sequence of tasks and the resources needed to achieve goals. Prioritizes key action steps and anticipates the impacts and risks of own decisions and actions.