Description: Proactive Problem Solver refers to leaders who think holistically and seek to utilize multiple inputs to make informed decisions. The Proactive Problem Solver demonstrates clarity in strategic direction to deliver sustainable results; displays use of various methods to evaluate and predict business outcomes, both within and outside their areas of responsibility.
- Critical Thinking
- Informed Decision Maker
- Visionary: Teaches others how to have well-informed outside-in perspectives on market trends and the business environment to create strategies that balance short- and long-term needs.
- Critical Thinking: Analyses and predicts trends and helps others to use different analytical methods.
- Informed Decision Maker: Minimize excessive bureaucracy that inhibits effective and efficient decision making; leads others in thinking through data, implications, and alternatives.
- Risk-Assessment: Evaluates risks with a holistic view and performs risk-return assessment; leads others in doing the same.
- Visionary: Designs a strategy that fully leverages Rutgers’ capabilities (people, processes, and technology) to optimize results, keeping Rutgers in a market leading position for the next 3 to 5 years.
- Critical Thinking: Uses several analytical techniques to identify root cause, solutions and weighs the value of each to solve problems; forecasts multiple scenarios and derives logical conclusions.
- Informed Decision Maker: Responds to urgent requests to make decisions when there is limited data, actively seeking information from multiple sources and considering business implications for multiple scenarios, resulting in effective execution.
- Risk-Assessment: Foresees potential medium to long-term issues and develops contingency plans/alternatives.
- Visionary: Contributes to the design of the strategic direction at the department/unit level.
- Critical Thinking: Recognizes relationships among recurring problems and proposes tangible solutions.
- Informed Decision Maker: Makes decisions using readily available facts and data.
- Risk-Assessment: Identifies potential short-term risks and proposes mitigation plans.