Description: Refers to Leaders who invest in talent development by creating continuous development opportunities for teams and providing constructive feedback regularly in order to identify and develop future leaders.
- Continuous Development
- Continuous Learning
- Emotional Intelligence
- Job Mastery
- Continuous Development: Has a track record of creating star performers by driving focused development by recognizing and investing in high potentials—develops other leaders in doing the same.
- Continuous Learning: Develops and embeds organizational practices and knowledge management systems into ways of working, fostering continuous learning.
- Feedback: Proactively provides just-in-time feedback to accelerate leadership development—teaches others to do the same.
- Emotional Intelligence: Displays a deep understanding of one’s emotions and others. Uses emotional cues to build and retain talent—helps others learn to do the same.
- Job Mastery: Exhibits technical expertise through the execution of university strategy and the application of executive decision-making. Creates an environment and sets the tone for knowledge sharing and talent development.
- Continuous Development: Takes an interest in others’ development and helps them identify opportunities that would give them experience in improvement areas that align with their aspirations and Rutgers’ strategic intentions.
- Continuous Learning: Identifies the knowledge gaps within the team and drives knowledge sharing to bridge the gap.
- Feedback: Objectively assesses direct reports and peers’ performance as requested and provides feedback that is honest, constructive, and behaviorally based.
- Emotional Intelligence: Is aware of their own emotions and those of others. Is attuned to non-verbal cues and listens attentively to understand others’ perspectives.
- Job Mastery: Demonstrates a high degree of technical competence and related job knowledge, adding value beyond the core department requirements. Continuously taps into information from a wide variety of sources that evolves current thinking and methods.
- Continuous Development: Develops talent based on feedback provided from others, leveraging Rutgers learning assets.
- Continuous Learning: Understands the importance of knowledge sharing across teams and begins to share best practices.
- Feedback: Seeks feedback from others and uses the feedback to improve on development areas.
- Emotional Intelligence: Knows the importance of listening and understanding others.
- Job Mastery: Applies background, technical knowledge, education, and prior experiences to align with university strategy. Continually strives to upgrade the depth and breadth of technical and professional skills.