Employment status and salary verification is an important step in confirming an employee’s eligibility for certain home and automotive loans, personal credit, social services financial assistance, and establishing an employee’s salary history for the purposes of new employment, among other applications. These verifications may be required when applying for a mortgage, leasing an apartment, renting or purchasing a car, establishing credit, applying for a new job or any other instance where proof of employment or income is needed.
At Rutgers University, we use a third-party vendor, Experian Verify, to verify non-HCPRREA employment status and salary history for our employees. Experian Verify is a leading national provider of employment verification solutions, and employees should refer any third-parties seeking employment status or salary verification to use the Experian Verify process.
In order for third-party verifiers to receive verification of a Rutgers’ employee’s non-HCPRREA salary history and employment status verifiers should:
- Visit the Experian Verify website. Verifiers will be asked to register with the Experian Verify system and create a new account before they can proceed
- Experian Verify's Customer Support Center can be found at (404) 382-5400, Option 2.
- Pursuant to the Health Care Professional Responsibility and Reporting Enhancement Act (HCPRREA), (P.L. 2005, c. 83, effective October 30, 2005) which enables health care entities to exchange certain information regarding the performance of health care professionals, health care entities seeking to verify employment/service information for a current or formerly employed health care professional are to fax their written request to Rutgers University at (732) 932-0046.
- For student workers verification please visit https://scarlethub.rutgers.edu/financial-services/student-employment/contact-student-employment-office.
Guidelines for Employment Verification
In order to protect confidential employee information, the following guidelines should be followed when asked to verify an employee’s salary history and employment status:
- Employees are ultimately responsible for authorizing the release of their information to third-party verifying organizations or to themselves. In order to authorize the release of information, a verifier will provide an employee with an authorization release form. After signed by the employee, the verifier will submit this document to Experian Verify when they complete the verification process.
- All requests for information about current or past employees are provided by Rutgers University Human Resources or its authorized agents, such as Experian Verify;
- University departments are not authorized to release any employee information to individuals or agencies outside of Rutgers, except as specifically authorized by University Human Resources or the Office of General Counsel. This policy is designed to protect Rutgers University and employees from any potential liability.
- It is Rutgers’ policy to protect the confidentiality of information concerning current and past employees and to release only designated types of information under limited circumstances.
Rutgers Employees Requesting Employment Verification Reports for Themselves
To request a report verifying employment with the university, Rutgers employees should follow the procedure outlined below. Please note that requests pulled from your employee portal may not be valid in instances of mortgage/bank loan, leasing or purchasing a car, establishing credit, leasing an apartment. The information found in your employee portal was made available for your records only. In the instances mentioned, please direct the 3rd party verifier to the Experian Verify website.
- The employee should go to the Experian Verify website and register an account.
- For instructions to register account and access your reports, please contact OneSource at:
(732) 745-SERV (7378).
Please note: THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR EMPLOYEES REQUESTING VERIFICATION OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THEMSELVES.