Unlawful Harassment Prevention Program
Rutgers is committed to fostering an academic and work environment that is free from unlawful harassment. In keeping with this commitment, Rutgers strives to educate faculty and staff on the prevention of unlawful harassment on campus and in the workplace through a series of online training courses. This web-based suite of courses consists of: "Harassment Prevention for US Employee," "Harassment Prevention for US Managers," and "Title IX for Higher Education." The courses are designed to help faculty and staff recognize situations that may involve unlawful harassment and respond appropriately to harassment complaints. The courses train employees on how to prevent harassment based on protected categories (e.g., race, sex, age, religion, and sexual orientation); they review the importance of receiving and reporting incidents of sexual misconduct; and the courses emphasize the prohibition against retaliation for filing complaints of discrimination and harassment.
Employees will receive directions from our vendor, "Skillsoft,” also known as “Percipio," via email. Employees are required to take all three courses, regardless of title (employees who are not managers are still required to take “Harassment Prevention for US Managers").
Faculty and staff will receive an email including a personalized link to the course. Employees will have 30 days to complete the appropriate training course(s) once they receive their email. Upon an employee's completion of the first trainings, reoccurring training will commence every 365 days thereafter.
Accessing the Program
- Please take your course(s) during your scheduled workday unless your supervisor directs otherwise.
- The course(s) can be taken on any computer with access to the internet and equipped with Adobe Flash Player.
- To access the course, click on the personalized link embedded in the email you receive. The link is personalized for your account alone; please do not forward or share this link.
- Use this personalized link to resume the course or to review material later. You do not need to complete all of the training in one sitting. If you need to return to the training, the program will bring you back to where you left off in the course.
- If you have not received your registration email, please check your spam email folder.
- Employees who have not provided the university with their email address will not be registered for the courses. To provide it, please update your information at https://personalinfo.rutgers.edu.
- If you have received a registration message, and are no longer working at Rutgers University, please disregard.