- All Class 8 postings are required to be posted within ROCS unless an exception has been granted by UHR. Please refer to Class 8 Matrix for further information. Exceptions to posting must be approved by UHR.
- Postings should be open to the public for 5 full business days.
- For Class 8 postings, with multiple openings, departments may select multiple Finalists against one posting.
- All applicants must be approved by EEO prior to being interviewed. All applicants must be dispositioned into the appropriate state.
- Authorizer 02- Faculty is responsible for the following:
- Posting the position
- Making sure dispositions are complete for all applicants
- Moving the position through the appropriate workflow states (i.e. Filled, Canceled, etc.)
- On Faculty postings the individual and email identified in the background check recipient field will receive any correspondence with regards to the background check.
- Please add the following verbiage to all Class 8 offer letters: "Offer is contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings"
- Individuals hired into any University faculty position will be required to have a background check performed prior to the commencement of employment, with results deemed acceptable by the University as a condition of employment. This requirement is applicable to:
a) Individuals who have never been employed previously by the University in any capacity;
b) Individuals who have been employed previously by the University in any capacity but have never undergone a background check;
c) Individuals who have been employed previously by the University and have undergone a background check but have had a break in service of over 365 days from their last date of pay listed in the University's payroll system;
d) Individuals who have previously held non-permanent positions and are applying for permanent positions; and/or
e) Individuals who are currently employed by the University and are moving to a new position that requires a background check as per state or federal law and/or as a qualification for the position.
An offer of employment will not be final and commencement of employment not permitted until the completion of the background check with results deemed acceptable by the University, unless an exception is sought by the department and granted under extraordinary circumstance or for specific purposes by the Senior Vice President for Human Resources and Organizational Effectiveness or his or her designee. Employment may be denied or rescinded based upon the results of the background check.