The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly changed the nature of work across every sector of the American workforce, including higher education. Capitalizing on lessons learned over two years of remote work and virtual student services and instruction, Rutgers established a Future of Work (FoW) Task Force to help determine our best path forward and support the evolving needs of our community.
On June 23, 2022, President Holloway endorsed the short- and long-term recommendations of the task force with an immediate focus on the implementation of a new flexible work arrangement pilot program and caregiver support options for Rutgers employees. Beginning on September 1, 2022, through August 31, 2023, Rutgers will launch the FlexWork@RU Pilot Program to expand the current flexible work arrangement offerings available to employees and roll out a new caregiver support program. View the full Task Force Report.
Register for Information Sessions
- Future of Work Town Hall
This town hall will provide an overview of the key findings and recommendations made by the Future of Work Task Force. Questions will be accepted during the registration process and answered by members of the task force during the session.
Thursday, July 7
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- FlexWork@RU Pilot Program Information Sessions
These information sessions are designed to review the resources available to supervisors and employees for navigating the new flexible work arrangement processes. Facilitators will provide a step-by-step demonstration of the new FlexWork@RU System for submitting and approving flexible work arrangement applications. Q&A sessions will be available so attendees are asked to review the policy, guidelines, decision tree, and other related materials in advance of attending.
Monday, July 11
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 12
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Monday, July 18
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 19
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Rutgers Policy 60.3.22: Flexible Work Arrangements for Regularly Appointed Staff (new policy effective 9/1/2022)
- Rutgers Policy 60.3.22: Alternate Work Arrangements and Telecommuting for Regularly Appointed Staff (current policy effective until 8/31/2022)
- FlexWork@RU Pilot Program Guidelines
- Flexible Work Arrangement Decision Tree for Department Heads
- Feasibility Assessment (for vacant positions)
- Department Needs Assessment and Team Agreement
- Expectations for Remote Work
- Computer Equipment Guidelines
- Technology Resources for Working Remotely