The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly changed the nature of work across every sector of the American workforce, including higher education. Capitalizing on lessons learned over two years of remote work and virtual student services and instruction, Rutgers established a Future of Work (FoW) Task Force to help determine our best path forward and support the evolving needs of our community.
On June 23, 2022, President Holloway endorsed the short- and long-term recommendations of the task force with an immediate focus on the implementation of a new flexible work arrangement pilot program and caregiver support options for Rutgers employees. Beginning on September 1, 2022, through August 31, 2023, Rutgers will launch the FlexWork@RU Pilot Program to expand the current flexible work arrangement offerings available to employees and roll out a new caregiver support program. View the full Task Force Report.
- FoW Town Hall Presentation
- FlexWork@RU Pilot Program Information Session Presentation
- Rutgers Policy 60.3.22: Flexible Work Arrangements for Regularly Appointed Staff (new policy effective 9/1/2022)
- FlexWork@RU Pilot Program Guidelines
- FlexWork@RU Program Application System User Guide
- Flexible Work Arrangement Decision Tree for Department Heads
- Feasibility Assessment (for vacant positions)
- Department Needs Assessment and Team Agreement
- Expectations for Remote Work
- Computer Equipment Guidelines
- Technology Resources for Working Remotely