Congratulations on the arrival of a new member to your family! As a result of your change in family status, you may wish to:
Apply for Temporary Disability Insurance (TDI)
- Childbirth qualifies as a condition of temporary disability for the mother. The benefit is 66% of the average weekly wage for up to 26 weeks. The maximum weekly benefit in 2022 = $731.
- All accrued sick time must be used before receiving the benefit.
- The claim must be filed within 30 days of the start of the disability
To Apply for Temporary Disability:
- Complete Part A of the Disability Claim form and have your physician complete Part B.
- Forward form to University Human Resources, who will complete Part C and mail the completed form to the State Division of Temporary Disability Insurance.
Change your Flexible Spending Account contributions
To enroll or to increase or decrease your Annual Salary Deduction amount, within 60 days of the date of the child’s birth or adoption complete the Unreimbursed Medical/Dependent Care Spending Account Change in Family Status While Actively Employed form. Return completed form to University Human Resources.
Change your health insurance coverage
To enroll your child:
Employees must to log into Benefitsolver by accessing a link on the MyNewJersey portal to make changes to medical, prescription, and dental plans.
Employees can directly access the BenefitSolver site by going to: http://mynjbenefitshub.nj.gov
First time users must register by the following these instructions:
- Click Register
- Enter SSN and Date of Birth
- Enter Company Key: SHBP/SEHBP
- Click Continue
Please see below for additional information and support:
- In order to access the system, you will need to create a MyNewJersey portal account
- If you have trouble creating an account and/or accessing the MyNewJersey portal, contact New Jersey OIT support at https://www.nj.gov/mynj/myNJRestrHelp.html
- If you have problems with Benefitsolver, please utilize the support service within the application
- If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact OneSource Rutgers Faculty and Staff Service Center at 732-745-SERV (7378) or OneSource@rutgers.edu
Change your Federal Withholding Allowance
Instructions for changing federal withholding allowance are available from the Division of Payroll Services. W4 forms may also be obtained through the individual in your office who processes payroll forms. W4 changes can also be made through Self-Service.
Update your beneficiaries for life insurance and investment accounts
Alternate Benefit Program (ABP) members must complete the Designation of Beneficiary form and return it to: Division of Pensions and Benefits, Beneficiary Services, P.O. Box 295 Trenton, NJ 08625-0295.
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Police and Firemen's Retirement System (PFRS) members who wish to verify, update, or change their beneficiary information must use the online Designation of Beneficiary Application available through a the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS).
ABP Retirement Accounts:
Update beneficiary information for investment accounts. Contact the appropriate investment carrier for Designation of Beneficiary form: