Rutgers University values its employees and strives to enhance their overall well-being, both personally and professionally. As part of this commitment, the university offers a comprehensive range of employee discounts designed to help faculty and staff save money on various goods and services. These discounts cover a wide spectrum, from local businesses and retailers to entertainment and travel opportunities. This array of discount programs not only recognizes the dedication of the university's workforce but also enriches their lives, fostering a positive and rewarding work environment at Rutgers.
- Abenity Employee Discounts Program
Offers are added and updated on a regular basis so please visit the site frequently.
- To register for the Rutgers University Employee Discount Program, visit the Abenity website and register using your Rutgers email address. If you experience difficulties in accessing or using the Abenity site, contact the UHR benefits team.
- To watch a video to learn how to get the most out of your discount program, visit the Abenity website.
- Click here for the Rutgers University employee discount program.
- LifeMart Discounts Program
Through August 31, 2024, as part of the university’s Caregiver Support Pilot Program, LifeMart Discounts provides offers and discounts on products and services nationwide. Whether you’re planning a big purchase or want deals on day-to-day essentials, LifeMart Discounts has savings on thousands of nationwide brand name products and services! Visit LifeMart Discounts to browse major deals on:
- Childcare centers
- Senior care products and services
- Groceries and restaurants
- Pet Care Gym, fitness, and wellness
- Technology like computers and phones
- Legal and financial services
- Home goods
- Travel, hotels, and rental cars
- Tickets and entertainment
- Car buying and auto services
- And much more!
LifeMart is accessible through our dedicated Rutgers.care.com portal. Redeeming discounts or searching for offers is quick and easy. You can search by category, then select an offer to review the details and redemption instructions.
- Cultural, Recreational and Sports Discounts
For events located on Rutgers campuses, visit the following sites:
- Mason Gross School of the Arts
- Camden Center for the Arts
- Paul Robeson Galleries (Newark)
- State of NJ's website
For information on all types of events Universitywide, visit the calendar of events.
For information on arts and entertainment across the state, visit the State of NJ's website.
Employees and their family members can take advantage of thenumerous offerings through Rutgers Recreation. For information regarding Rutgers University-New Brunswick visit the website, or check out the websites for Newark and Camden.
Faculty and staff, will receive a standard 20 percent discount off the full-season ticket value (two discounted tickets per account, standard RSF seat fees applied).
- Rutgers Kite+Key
Kite+Key is the Rutgers Tech Store offering a range of consumer electronics, including laptops, tablets, and accessories, as well as technical support and repair services tailored to meet the evolving needs of the Rutgers community. Appointed Rutgers faculty and staff can utilize payroll deduction to make purchases offering an interest-free financing option for select technology. Learn more on the Kite+Key website.
- Rutgers Bookstores
Rutgers Barnes & Noble Bookstores are pleased to offer discounts on select items for Rutgers employees. Simply present your Rutgers ID at checkout to have the discount applied. Visit the Rutgers Bookstore website to learn more.
- Rutgers Cinema
Rutgers Cinema is pleased to offer tickets at a discounted price to students, employees and alumni of Rutgers University. Discounts will not be honored unless a valid and current photo ID is presented upon retrieving tickets at the theater. Learn more on the Rutgers Cinema website.
- Workplace Banking
Rutgers has partnered with PNC Bank, Santander and the Rutgers Federal Credit Union to offer employees discounted banking services. Banks require Direct Deposit for Workplace Banking benefits. Benefits vary; for specific offers, visit web sites of participating institutions.
Workplace Banking can save you time and money!
- Free Checking with no minimum balance
- Free online banking
- Free financial planning tools
- Low introductory fee on Visa/MasterCard
- Discounts on mortgage closing costs
- Discounts on loans
- Access to enhanced banking services
- And much more
- Online banking available 24 hours a day
- Pay current, future and recurring bills online
- Check accounts balances and review transactions 24 hours a day
- Download transactions to popular financial management software
- Convenient branch locations and ATM
Workplace Banking Resources:
- Discounted Rates for Car Rentals
Enterprise and National Car Rental have offered discounted rates to Rutgers employees for personal use. Follow the instructions below to book a rental for personal travel:
- Access the Enterprise website
- Enter your Location and Dates
- Enter XZ24RPU in the Account Number or Promotion Code section
- Click Check Availability
- Access the National website
- Enter your Location and Dates
- Enter XZ24RPU in the Account Number section
- Click Check Availability
Note: These rates are not inclusive of insurance coverage.
- Mortgage and Real Estate Programs
Real Estate Advantage Program (REAP)
The Coldwell Banker Real Estate Advantage program offers significant savings on such services as the purchase and sale of a home, reduced closing costs on a mortgage, and competitive rates on moving services. The program is available nationwide and employees may access all aspects of the program.
The Real Estate Advantage Program offered through Coldwell Banker Realty, partners you with an experienced real estate agent from their preferred nationwide network. The program offers a rebate or commission reduction of 20% of the commission (the side your agent represents) on the home that you are buying or selling when you close with your assigned agent.
In addition to the real estate assistance, Coldwell Banker Realty can connect you or your eligible family members with preferred providers for savings on Mortgage, Household Moving and Homeowners Insurance.
To register for the program or for more information, visit www.RealEstateAdvantageProgram.com or call 800-396-0960.
Mortgage Affinity Programs, Inc. (MAP)
Mortgage Affinity Program (MAP) is a mortgage program offered by Advisors Mortgage Group, LLC for Rutgers employees and their families & friends. Advisors can assist you with borrowing needs, whether you are a 1st time homebuyer, refinancing an existing property, or if you are relocating to a new area. Advisors can help you with a creative financial solution.
Features and benefits include:
- $925 closing cost credit
- Competitive rates for all types of loan programs
- Loans for residential properties, including 1-4 family homes, condominiums and planned unit developments
- Purchases, refinances and cash-out refinances available
- FHA-VA-USDA approved lender with stellar reputation
- Exceptional customer service
- Quick turn-times
- One point of contact from application to closing
- Complimentary pre-qualification certificate
- Loan products for borrowers with perfect to not-so-perfect credit scores
- First and second mortgages
- Advisors Renovation Solutions - build the home of your dreams
- Reverse mortgages
- Loans for investment properties
*Confidential: credit information is NEVER shared with your employer.
MAP Program available for family members and friends.
For more information on the MAP program, please contact Bill Hendricks at 866-995-9494 or visit their website.
Rutgers Federal Credit Union (RFCU)
Rutgers Federal Credit Union offers you mortgages and real-estate assistance throughout NJ with our RFCU Real-Estate Concierge Services or call us any time, 866-443-1819.
Disclaimer - Employee discounts and special programs:
- Please note that each savings program has its own restrictions. These restrictions are imposed by the discount provider. In some cases the discount providers limit discounts to only employees and their families.
- Information on how to redeem each discount can be retrieved via the Abenity website.
- While the university has made an effort to check each offering, it does not warrant or endorse any goods or services provided by any business participating in the Employee Discount Program. It is your responsibility to carefully check goods and services offered.
- If you are a vendor that would like to offer a discount to Rutgers University or know of a vendor that may be interested, please visit the Abenity website for vendor registration.
- RBHS Discounts (Working Advantage, LLC)
RBHS employees can receive discounts on hotels, sporting and family events, Broadway theatre and more! Save up to 60% on tickets, travel and shopping. To enroll for free:
- Go to www.workingadvantage.com/register
- Enter Member ID # 229293186
- Complete the online enrollment and submit
- Share Additional Rutgers Employee Discounts with Us
If you know of additional discounts available to Rutgers employees, please email email@example.com and ask us to add the information to this website!
- Additional Discounts
Weight Management Resources
Rutgers has joined forces with Weight Watchers Corporate Solutions to bring you a savings of $10 off a 3-month subscription to Weight Watchers Online. Visit Weight Watchers to learn more, and to save $10 when you sign up!
Offer is applicable for new Weight Watchers Online subscribers. You must be a Rutgers employee to sign-up for Weight Watchers products through the Corporate Solutions program.