To continue medical, prescription drug, and dental coverage, you must pay required premiums.
For all leaves:
- The Benefits Enrollment section of University Human Resources will bill you for medical, prescription drug, and dental coverage
For leave of absence due to illness and family leave:
- You will pay your usual medical and/or prescription payroll deductions for the first three months of leave.
- You will pay both your and Rutgers' medical and/or prescription premiums for the next nine months of leave (see chart below for rate information).
- You will pay both your and Rutgers' dental premiums for the first three months of leave. Thereafter, you may enroll in one of the Dental COBRA plans.
For personal leave:
- You will pay both yours and Rutgers' premiums up to 9 months
Continuation of coverage under COBRA
- If coverage ends while you are on leave, continuation of coverage is offered under COBRA for up to 18 months
- You will receive a notice about continuation of coverage under COBRA at the time your coverage ends
- When you return to active status, health coverage is reinstated if enrollment forms are submitted