Temporary Disability Benefit
If you suffer a non-work-related disability, you may file a Temporary Disability Insurance claim within 30 days of the start of the disability.
- Benefit provides income replacement of up to 66% of average weekly wage for up to 26 weeks
- Maximum weekly benefit in 2018 = $637
- All accrued sick time must be used first
- Birth of a child qualifies as condition of temporary disability for the mother
To file a claim:
- Complete Part One of Disability Claim form and have your doctor complete Part Two
- Return the form to University Human Resources. UHR will complete Part Three and mail the completed form to the State Division of Temporary Disability Insurance
Long Term Disability - ABP
If you are expected to be disabled for six months or longer, you may be eligible for Long Term Disability.
- Benefit is 60% of pre-disability salary
- Medical insurance continues by paying required employee premiums
- Employee (5%) and employer (8%) contributions are made on behalf of employee
- Life insurance continues at the full amount
Disability Retirement - PERS/PFRS
Ordinary Disability Retirement is available for PERS members with 10 or more years of pension service or PFRS members with 4 or more years of pension service who become totally and permanently disabled.
- Complete an Application for Retirement Allowance via the Member Benefits Online System (MBOS)
- Send a copy of the Summary of Retirement Application Information to University Human Resources