A federal program allows employees who pay for mass transit expenses associated with their commute to work to receive a tax savings. The Mass Transit Commutation Reimbursement Program for Part-time Employees covers mass transit expenses, excluding commuter parking expenses.
How it works:
- Set aside before-tax dollars to pay for commuting expenses. Expenses must be incurred for traveling to and from work via mass transit.
- Submit claims for reimbursement using pretax money from your account
- 2019 reimbursement rate = up to $265 per month for Mass Transit Expenses
- Election enrollments and changes are allowed on a monthly basis
Eligibility and Enrollment:
- Regularly appointed, part-time MPSC employees (Class1) and part-time members of AAUP, URA-AFT, and AFSCME
- Mass Transit Commutation Reimbursement Program Election/Change Form